Sci-Fleet Motors Pty Ltd (ACN 057 783 749), trading as Sci-Fleet Toyota aims to provide its customers with the best possible products and services.
We also want our customers to have confidence that we afford personal information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) (Do Not Call Register Act).
Personal information is information in any recorded form that identifies an individual or from which an individual's identity can reasonably be ascertained. Examples include an individual's name, address, contact number and email address.
WHY DOES SCI-FLEET TOYOTA COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sci-Fleet Toyota collects personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- respond to customer queries about the products and services that we offer
- confirm that customers are properly licensed for the purposes of taking a test drive or using one of our hire vehicles
- supply products and services (including new and used vehicles, parts, accessories and any applicable warranties)
- process payment for products and services (including considering applications for credit where relevant)
- coordinate delivery of your vehicle and ensure that your vehicle is delivered to your satisfaction
- consider, process and record the purchase of trade-in vehicles
- carry out vehicle repairs and servicing, supply parts and accessories, supply products such as lubricants and automotive fluids and maintain any applicable warranties
- arrange for products and services to be supplied to customers by third parties where appropriate (for example, after market parts suppliers, extended warranty and roadside assistance services and financial and insurance products in respect of vehicles purchased from us; or panel beating services or windscreen replacement in respect of cars we are repairing)
- to conduct competitions
Sci-Fleet Toyota also uses the personal information that it collects to:
- maintain records for accounting and administration purposes
- administer warranty claims
- provide customer support
- respond to customer complaints
- administer safety-related product recalls
- analyse customer needs and develop customer strategies
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEYS, SERVICE REMINDERS AND DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time, Sci-Fleet Toyota surveys its customers on a range of issues, including new vehicle satisfaction and the quality of our service. These surveys help us to improve our products and services and tailor the way that we do business with you. If you do not wish to participate in these surveys, please let us know (our details are provided at the end of this policy).
Sci-Fleet Toyota may also use your personal information to send you service reminders and information about our products and services, including special offers. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to be contacted for these purposes, by contacting the Sci-Fleet Toyota Customer Contact Centre (our details are provided at the end of this policy). Your consent will be deemed if you do not opt out when we offer you the opportunity to do so, and will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
If you do not wish to receive Customer Satisfaction Surveys or other marketing information from Toyota Australia, please contact Toyota Australia directly on 1800 252 097 (you will still receive safety-related messages).
We will not send you any commercial electronic messages such as SMSor emails unless this is permitted by the Spam Act (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). Any commercial electronic message that we send will identify Sci-Fleet Toyota as the sender and will include our contact details. If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
Do Not Call Register
We will not call you on a number listed on the Do Not Call Register unless this is permitted under the Do Not Call Register Act and related instruments (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). If you do not wish us to call you on a particular number, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SCI-FLEET TOYOTA COLLECT?
The type of personal information that we collect will depend on the circumstances of collection. For example, we may collect your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address and vehicle purchase and service history. For vehicle purchases, we also collect information such as the vehicle make, model and colour, options and accessories supplied, price paid, trade-in details, vehicle identification number, registration details, driver's licence number, odometer reading, finance and insurance details and details of any roadside assistance services or extended warranty purchased. We may also collect details of other interactions that you have with us, together with any other information that you choose to provide us with.
The collection of sensitive information is restricted by the Privacy Act. Sensitive information includes (for example) health information and information about a person's professional or trade association or trade union membership. Sci-Fleet Toyota will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless this is necessary for one of Sci-Fleet Toyota's functions or activities and the individual has consented to that collection, or we are otherwise required or authorised by or under law to do so.
HOW DOES SCI-FLEET TOYOTA COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Much of the personal information that we hold is collected when you purchase a vehicle or parts and accessories from us, when you trade-in a vehicle or when you have your vehicle repaired or serviced by us. We may also collect personal information in a number of other ways, for example when you:
- contact us with a query (whether in person, or by phone, fax, email, through the forms on the Sci-Fleet Toyota website or through carsales.com.au or drive.com.au)
- take a car for a test drive or use one of our hire or loan vehicles
- enter a competition conducted by us
- respond to one of our direct marketing campaigns
When you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation for staff training and follow-up purposes.
If you have purchased a vehicle with the Toyota Link system, information such as vehicle diagnostic data, odometer reading, vehicle location and vehicle speed will be collected directly from your vehicle. Please refer to the Toyota Link Subscription Agreement for further details.
Sometimes, we may collect your personal information from third parties, for example where:
- you respond to a customer satisfaction survey conducted by Toyota Australia or a vehicle industry survey and the survey results are provided to Sci-Fleet Toyota
- we collect information such as your warranty details and service history from Toyota Australia or from another authorised Toyota dealer, to facilitate the provision of services to you
- we have arranged for third parties to supply you with products and services and those third parties provide us with information about the products or services that you have purchased from them (please note that we do not collect your credit or financial details from finance or insurance suppliers)
WHAT IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SCI-FLEET TOYOTA?
If Sci-Fleet Toyota is unable to collect personal information from or about you, it may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
WHEN DOES SCI-FLEET TOYOTA DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
Other third parties with whom we may share your personal information include, where appropriate:
- finance, insurance, extended warranty and roadside assistance providers and after market parts suppliers (where you have requested that they supply products and services to you)
- providers of outsourced vehicle repair and maintenance services (such as panel beaters and windscreen repairers)
- valuers (to assess the value of your vehicle) and vehicle registries (to check whether a trade in vehicle is encumbered)
- government authorities (for example for vehicle registration and compulsory third party (bodily injury) insurance or as required under financial transactions reporting or anti-money laundering legislation)
- police, local council authorities or our insurers if a test drive or hire/loan vehicle is involved in any parking or traffic infringements or is damaged whilst in your possession
- financial institutions for payment processing
- referees, referrals or guarantors whose details you have provided to us
Sci-Fleet Toyota's contracted service providers, including:
- website designers and information technology service providers
- marketing and communications agencies
- call centres and call training centres
- mailing houses, freight and courier services
- printers and distributors of direct marketing material
- external business advisors (such as auditors, lawyers and debt collectors)
In the case of contracted service providers, we may disclose personal information to the contracted service provider and the contracted service provider may in turn provide us with personal information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services. We take steps to help ensure that our contracted service providers comply with the NPPs when they collect and handle your personal information.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties:
- where required or authorised by or under law to do so
- with your consent (which may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct)
ENSURING PERSONAL INFORMATION IS UP-TO-DATE
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate complete and up-to-date. You can help by letting us know about any changes to your personal information, such as your address and phone number.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of information is important to Sci-Fleet Toyota and we take precautions to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- external and internal premises security
- restricted access to personal information to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions
- conducting training to ensure that staff are aware that they must only access, use and disclose personal information for appropriate purposes
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access, including identifiers and passwords
HOW LONG DOES SCI-FLEET TOYOTA KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
USE OF COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT IDENTIFIERS
We will not use Commonwealth government identifiers (Identifiers) (such as Medicare numbers) as our own identifier of individuals. We will only use or disclose Identifiers in the circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
If Sci-Fleet Toyota transfers your personal information outside Australia, we will comply with requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows. Please note that some of the servers on which Toyota Australia's customer information is held are located overseas and owned by Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota Australia's Japanese parent company). As a result, personal information collected and held by Toyota Australia may be transferred overseas to be held on these servers.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION BY INDIVIDUALS
Please contact the Sci-Fleet Toyota Customer Contact Centre (details provided at the end of this policy) if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information. Depending on the amount of information requested, Sci-Fleet Toyota may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why. Similarly, in some limited circumstances we may not make requested corrections to personal information, in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision.
JOB APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Any personal information provided to Sci-Fleet Toyota in connection with job applications may be used to consider the applicant for current and future employment and may be disclosed to our third party advisors to assist us in the selection and recruitment process. If your application for employment is successful, Sci-Fleet Toyota will rely on the exemption in the Privacy Act relating to employee records where applicable.
If you have any concerns about the way your personal information is managed by Sci-Fleet Toyota, or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, please let us know by contacting the Sci-Fleet Toyota Customer Contact Centre (details provided below). We will respond to your concerns as soon as possible.
CONTACT DETAILS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you would like more information about Sci-Fleet Toyota's approach to privacy, or if you wish to contact us regarding the information set out in this policy, please contact us:
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this policy from time to time at our discretion. Amended versions will be posted on our website at www.scifleet.com.au and will be available from the Sci-Fleet Toyota Receptionist.